Default Pontoon Boat Question

We just relocated to Pittsburgh for work. We have rented apartment on the Allegheny River with access to a marina. We have a 27' pontoon boat at our permanent home in Mississippi and would like to bring it up here but are unsure if these boats are feasible to use in this immediate area. We would love to get some use out of this thing if possible. Any help anyone can offer is most appreciated.

Hi KSMJWM,

Welcome to the forum and to Pittsburgh... I think you will enjoy using the rivers here for the summer. There are plenty of pontoon boats in use on the rivers and I would definitely recommend bringing the boat up, especially if you are going to be here into the fall. I do not have a pontoon myself but some other members may have some tips for you.. Do you use it for just cruising, fishing, all of the above?

(btw I removed the other thread you had posted since this one seemed in the appropriate place and I didn't want you to get some answers on one thread and some on the other, it helps to have them all attached to one question).

We just like to cruise around and relax. We haven't gotten to use it for a couple of years due to moving around for work, along with not having an available body of water, but we sure would love to use it again. Just signed a year lease on the apartment in February so hopefully we will be here that long at least. Just wanted to make sure it was an appropriate place to do so before going to that expense of getting it all the way up here, boat slip, etc. Thank you so much for your help!

Bring it up and put it in the water. There are a few around, and there were three at the marina that I docked at last season. You have a perfect opportunity to enjoy your boat and the rivers. Welcome to the forum and welcome to Pittsburgh!!!

Sure let us know if you have any other questions. Also check back on this site as summer gets rolling to find out what kinds of events, fireworks etc are scheduled.