Pleasant Hills, Pennsylvania, United States

Nice Job Did you do that yourself ?

Thanks, Yes did it with the help of three friends.

That is great. I love the frame that you build to give plenty of room underneath. do you worry about the snow weight on the top part or is it steep enough for the snow to slide off usually?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyJ View Post
    That is great. I love the frame that you build to give plenty of room underneath. do you worry about the snow weight on the top part or is it steep enough for the snow to slide off usually?
    It is like having the boat in a garage. Able to prep and clean as time allows over the winter.
    There are vertical supports about every 6 or eight feet to help with any snow loads. I used this same support system last year with a silver tarp. Had no problems with the snows this past winter. Any accumulation ended up in a pile on the ground around the boat. The tarp system kept me worring about strong winds. Many trips to marina to make sure things were intact. The shrink wrap should hold up better in windy conditions. Some peace of mind while out of town.

Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania, United States, 105597162807351, Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania

that really is great. were the supplies for the wrap and heat gun really expensive? where did you get everything? after 4 years with this boat we still can't seem to get a system in place. we paid the place we winter store to do it for us last year and were beyond disappointed. there were spots where they heated the plastic for too long so it was either thin or had holes, and the support they used on our bridge failed and actually ended up breaking our plexiglass windshield we had on the bridge. needless to say we didn't pay for the shrink wrap job. there's nothing like doing it yourself to know that it's done right and the way YOU want it.
    ~~live to boat~boat to live~~

Quote Originally Posted by lwells View Post
    that really is great. were the supplies for the wrap and heat gun really expensive? where did you get everything? after 4 years with this boat we still can't seem to get a system in place. we paid the place we winter store to do it for us last year and were beyond disappointed. there were spots where they heated the plastic for too long so it was either thin or had holes, and the support they used on our bridge failed and actually ended up breaking our plexiglass windshield we had on the bridge. needless to say we didn't pay for the shrink wrap job. there's nothing like doing it yourself to know that it's done right and the way YOU want it.
    The heat gun and extension were on the expensive side. A buddy and I split the cost of them to ease the pain. We each ordered what suppies we would need for our own boats and a couple of party docks. We bought every thing from Dr. Shrink online. They have online video's for instructions.

You don't really need the expensive heat gun to do shrink wrap. This one from harbor freight will do the the job. You just have to be more careful when applying the heat. I have seen marina's use torches like these doing shrink.

http://www.harborfreight.com/propane...ter-91037.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/propane...ers-91899.html