Thread: Water Temp

Arrow Water Temp

Hi Guys

I am new to the forum, bought new Kawisaki Ultra 300x jetski late in the season last year.

skis.jpg

My questions is when do you think the river temps would allow me to comfortably ride (without a wetsuit)? I need to let the guy that stores my craft know so I can get him a rough date when I'm going to pull it outta storage

I've had skis for several years, some years we're in end of April when it gets > 60 degrees sometimes, early this year the temps have been jumping from low 50s to 60 degrees.

Usually by Mid to late May the temps are good enough without a wet suit, although with it going to snow on Monday who really knows for sure. You should get a wet suit, it sure extends the season.

Today the Mon is supposed to be 61 which is doable but if you fall in you are going to be in for a big shock, although it won't kill you unless you are stuck in it for more than 20 minutes.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck.

I guess I was looking to go when the water really gets into more "ideal" conditions. Early June timeframe until we see 70s ?

Thanks!

Chris

You never know it could be earlier, the rivers are starting off warmer so it could be end of May.

Last Summer it was like bathwater in July and August.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by pgh300x View Post
    Hi Guys

I am new to the forum, bought new Kawisaki Ultra 300x jetski late in the season last year.

skis.jpg

My questions is when do you think the river temps would allow me to comfortably ride (without a wetsuit)? I need to let the guy that stores my craft know so I can get him a rough date when I'm going to pull it outta storage

So I am assuming a bunch of veteran Memorial Day boaters in the forum....Historically what are the water temps end of May? Do you guys usually swim or still too cold on averge?

Bought my first jetski mid summer last year...

Chuck,

Website you use to find water conditions (specifically, temperature)? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by obxpelican View Post
    I've had skis for several years, some years we're in end of April when it gets > 60 degrees sometimes, early this year the temps have been jumping from low 50s to 60 degrees.

Usually by Mid to late May the temps are good enough without a wet suit, although with it going to snow on Monday who really knows for sure. You should get a wet suit, it sure extends the season.

Today the Mon is supposed to be 61 which is doable but if you fall in you are going to be in for a big shock, although it won't kill you unless you are stuck in it for more than 20 minutes.

Chuck

Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania, United States, 105597162807351, Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by pgh300x View Post
    So I am assuming a bunch of veteran Memorial Day boaters in the forum....Historically what are the water temps end of May? Do you guys usually swim or still too cold on averge?

Bought my first jetski mid summer last year...
    it's still usually too cold, BUT that hasn't stopped some! last year it was so hot it was nice to jump in to cool off real quick. it definately took your breath away!!!
    ~~live to boat~boat to live~~

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/pa/nwis/uv...65,00060,00010

This is for lock #3 on the Allegheny River.