Default A/C in cuddy cabin boats

Looking to upgrade from an open bow to a cuddy cabin (24 to 28 feet), and having trouble finding a lot of boats with A/C in them, which is an option I have been looking for. Those of you who have cuddys with or without A/C, how important is it to have it, and is it unbearable at night without it? And is there anyone who has had A/C installed later on

I have had a cuddy for the last 4 years. Between the hatch and windows I have been comfortable.

I think it is up to individual preference. I don't run mine much unless it is exreemly muggy at night, but I am a no blanket sleeper. I have seen other people run their AC all the time and keep their cabins "frozen tundra" like. It is a nice option to have but not totally necessary. You can also have it added or add it yourself. They also have the hatch units that are placed in the cabin hatch and removable.

Here is a permanent unit from West Marine... http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...26-132873671-2

I have had a cuddy for the last 12 years and I haven't needed it. I open the hatch and I have a fan that is rather quiet. That is usually all the wife and I need.

Our first boat did not have air and we were fine. We spend many nights on the river witout it. When we upgraded to a slightly bigger cruiser it came with air and we do use when we sleep and on those super hot days. So, it is nice to have but I wouldn't make ie a deal breaker.