Default Any ski clubs in the downtown area

Hey guys, just moved back to the area. Have been skiing at a private pond for the last few years. Are there any clubs on the Allegheny? Looking to get some pulls and don't want to drive all the way up north for a few hours to get my fix. Thanks

I heard that the Golden Triangle Ski Club is still active up by fox chapel but I don't know anybody in it and I have no way of contacting them...

I believe several members dock at O'Hara Landing in Blawnox. You could probably get some information there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle P View Post
    I heard that the Golden Triangle Ski Club is still active up by fox chapel but I don't know anybody in it and I have no way of contacting them...
    Is that the club with private docks and a pavilion on the little island just up from Fox Chapel? If so, they must still be active. There is docks there. It's weird, because they have slalom buoys set up there to ski, but also no wake buoys. I've often wondered how a private club can buy an island and designate a section of river no wake, except for club members.

It is the island above Fox Chapel. I'm not sure they own the island, but I will talk to one of the members this weekend and try to get answers to your questions.

I spoke with the President of the Triangle Ski Club last night. They do own the island and they can set up the course, but they cannot close the area to anyone who wants to ski. If you're interested stop by and they'll give you details. You can join the Club. I believe the dues are reasonable, but I'm not sure what that includes. If you stop ask for Jack, he's the president, but I'm sure anyone will be happy to give you info.