Default boat insurance info please

I just got a quote from the guy who puts ads on craigs list for 400 dollars for a 1997 sea doo gti jetski I feel this is kinda high what companys do you guys use?

What coverage is that?

i use Erie Insurance group. my insurance costs me around 300 bucks for a 32 cruiser. i would say that sounds kinda high for a jet ski. however they are riskier and may be higher to insure cause of liability. shop around would be my best suggestion.

Try BoatUS. I use them and they gave me the best rate on a ski when I had one. I still use them for my boat. Good luck on your search.

Quote Originally Posted by 88larson View Post
    I just got a quote from the guy who puts ads on craigs list for 400 dollars for a 1997 sea doo gti jetski I feel this is kinda high what companys do you guys use?
    I use progressive, with my boat and one ski it's $344 per year. I'm going to add my other skis on this week.

Chuck

we used a insurance broker,they will work to get the insurance to fit your kneeds. i have a 33 ft boat 19 ft boat and a couple of skiis and our insurance is $560 for all

thats all through Markel yacht insurance

Just got mine through Geico yesterdey. The 18' boat I'm picking up tomorrow is $189 for the year with full coverage, $100,000 coverage and $500 deductible. The ski ('96 Polaris) is going to be $125 for the year for liability only. I also have auto with them so I'm not sure if that gives me a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by blanstuf View Post
    Just got mine through Geico yesterdey. The 18' boat I'm picking up tomorrow is $189 for the year with full coverage, $100,000 coverage and $500 deductible. The ski ('96 Polaris) is going to be $125 for the year for liability only. I also have auto with them so I'm not sure if that gives me a discount.
    Some docks require a 500K liability coverage, not sure what the guy was quoted on, mine is 500k.

If I am not mistaken though, liability is pretty cheap.

Chuck

You should not shop price. Ask what if questions.
    We all know insurance companies use every loophole available to get out of paying.
    I use markel, also. The manufacturer of my boat makes great deals with them, and makes sure their coverage is top notch.
    Erie insurance has a bad reputation from the 96 flood, and so does progressive. Be careful what you go with.

I paid $200 through geico for 96 gti for fresh and salt. Covers the trailer too.

Good point on the asking "what if" questions gary. I recently found out (not the hard way) that there are many different types of coverages for boats and some of them may be "full coverage" in terms of if you wreck, but not cover capsizing, sinking, salvage etc. There is all kinds of different types, terms, loopholes, etc. Its something worth looking into very closely.

I pay around 300.00 a year through Erie for my Nova Spyder. It went up because my speed picked up with the 496 engine. It was down around 250.00. If you change horsepower and don't inform the insurance company and have something go wrong they can refuse to pay.
    Women who behave; rarely make history

I added my boat to my homeowners policy for 50 a year. BoatUS wanted 200, plus a 24 dollar a year membership.Dinnin and Parkins insurance in Oakmont is the bomb!!

Great thread...

I paid about $125 to Progressive for my 2001 18 footer, but I am naive enough not to comb through the fine details. I do know it is $250,000 coverage with a $250 deductible.

I will shop a little smarter next year.

try RLI or Erie has always been good

Pleasant Hills, Pennsylvania, United States

Try Global Marine they have given me great rates on all my boats from a 32ft cruiser to a 28 ft deckboat to a 50 ft houseboat. Also a jet ski. Just google Global Marine !!!!