Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've hear that Cinci is a beautiful town, for boating on the river, not for football I'd like to trailer down there some weekend to hang out and check it out. Aren't there some public docks and establishments accessible by water in or near downtown?

There are docks on the Newport side at Hooter's and the Beer Sellar restaurants, and there are several marinas. I didn't see any docking facilites on the Cinci side of the river. There is approximately 1 mile of river downtown that is a NO WAKE zone, and it's easy to see why, that's where the riverboats and showboat and floating restaurants are. There are a lot of boats in this general area, and a lot of commercial tows too. I don't know about launching ramps, you'll have to do some research online.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyJ View Post
    I'd like to trailer down there some weekend to hang out and check it out. Aren't there some public docks and establishments accessible by water in or near downtown?
    24' Pontoon "Red Solo Cup"
    Port of Fulton, MS

Cool thanks - did you happen to notice if you can dock at any of the floating restaurants? like courtesy docks, etc? Didn't know if you stopped in for lunch or were just passing through

We just cruised thru, but there were docks at both of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyJ View Post
    Cool thanks - did you happen to notice if you can dock at any of the floating restaurants? like courtesy docks, etc? Didn't know if you stopped in for lunch or were just passing through
    Port of Fulton, MS

Day 27 June 13

This is the first I've had internet since Riverside 4 Marina in Dayton, KY. For you geeks, I'm running a home tower capable of picking up Wi-Fi with a Wireless USB adapter on a 10' USB cable...so I need to have shore power and a FREE wireless signal.

We stayed a night at a friend's dock in Ripley, OH, off channel on Eagle Creek. Great folks, we met them last fall at Midway, and didn't really know them that well.......but we stayed at their dock, with electric, for free! He had a van waiting with the keys in it if we needed to go to town, and they cooked us dinner! That's what Tina Turner means when she says "people on the river are happy to give". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54XRNQ2C2x0

Yesterday we hit rain, torrential rain, and debris, plenty of it. We were soaked, even under the rain suits, and miles from a marina. Made it into Shawnee State Park Marina, which I can't post a link for, because there is no longer a website. There was no fuel, laundry facilities or in fact even ANYONE there, the whole place was locked up tight, it was like a ghost marina! We did stop this morning for fuel at Shawnee Boat Club (not affiliated) about 5 miles upstream, they told us "due to state budget cuts since the last election" the state park has cut costs........

Headed out this morning, unsure of weather and water levels.....relying only upon what a great friend from home port told us on the phone. Now we are at Huntington, WV at the Huntington Yacht Club mm 307. http://www.holderbyslanding.net/hyc.html The river is up, running fast and lot's of debris......but we hope to make Gallipolis,OH tomorrow and stay a couple of days. It looks like a super town to explore with the bicycles and we have friends there too! http://www.gallianet.net/Gallipolis/index.htm

Only 8 more locks and we're HOME!
    Port of Fulton, MS

Sounds like you are getting close to home waters. Give us a wave when you pass MM 64.5
    Weirton Marina. Will be on your Starboard side about 2 miles past Old Lock 10. We do have
    Gas if you will need it. Last Gas stop till you get home on the Beaver.

Mikey,

Cincinatti, Talk to Brandon and Dana, his Dad has a Wellcraft at a marina in Cinci.

Will do... I'd love to trailer down there sometime.

Galleyslave, glad to hear the trip is going well. 8 locks is nothing after that trip! Good luck on the home stretch.

Day 28 June 14

The river was up from the flooding in West Virginia, the Guyandot river, which flows in just above Huntington was a solid wall of debris. Stayed in Gallipolis one night, we did have time to walk into town and do some sight seeing. What a pretty place, beautifuly manicured parks and an immaculate riverfront with courtsey docks. We stayed at the Boat Club because we needed to fuel, and it was only a few blocks walk into town.

Day 30 June 16

After a long 12 hour day on the water we spent two days in Marietta, did some shopping and went out for dinner. http://www.mariettaohio.org/ Took a load of clothes to the laundry mat a few blocks away. It's nice to find a town with one close, most of the marinas on the Tennessee and Cumberland rivers have laundry facilites.
    Will head out early tomorrow morning and make Rayland http://www.raylandmarina.com/main5.htm Only 5 more locks.......

Day 32 June 18

Pulled in to HOMEPORT at 15:00 hours! It's been a long 1167 miles, and 1497 gallons of fuel.

We met wonderful people all along this trip, some we taught things, and some from whom we learned. And just as you think you've really accomplished something, you meet folks like Beth and Al, who have circumnavigated the world in a 65' sailboat, twice. Now that's a story........
    Port of Fulton, MS

Welcome home! Which Marina do you guys dock at?

Welcome home! It was so cool to just happen upon you two the day you got to the dock. Guess I kinda happened upon you here too. Miss Nauti looks great and I am so happy that she has been good to you. You have been very good to her.

Funny, I am actually on the Tennessee River right now on Kentucky Lake waiting lock turn at Barkley Lock. Kentucky Lock is down and enough delay that I have to wait on this side of the canal...due to lack of parking on Barkley Lake. We have orders to fill out to 25 rock loads at mile 6 on the Cumberland River, then it is southbound to New Orleans.

If it makes you feel better about the fuel for your trip..we burned 7,930 gallons the other day (yes in 24 hours) while we were still north bound and only made 103 miles. An average of 4.29 miles per hour.

I am due off on July 20th and I will definately look for you 2 when I get back to the Beaver River and my little Chris Craft.

We'll be looking for you.
    Port of Fulton, MS

Default Midway on the Tenn Tom

Thought you folks might like to read an article about Midway on the Tenn Tom that ran in the local paper.........

http://nems360.com/view/full_story/1...ours-or-years?

Great story about boaters from all walks of life, and the reasons they were at Midway on that day.
    Last edited by galleyslave; 02-14-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: link didnt show up
    Port of Fulton, MS